Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Baldock Town FC app


1st Team - Match centre

Baldock Town
London Colney
S James (27'), K Barnes (70'), H Holland (76')
Full time
Unknown (13' Pen, 34', 53', 82')
Sat 10 Nov 15:00 - Spartan South Midlands Football League - Premier Division Attendance 49



Reds Denied in 7 Goal Thriller!

Baldock Town were left scratching their heads wondering how they had not secured at least a point after this full-bloodied battle against London Colney.

With Adam Harpur taking his place between the sticks and a return for Freddie Morris in midfield, manager Luke Gregson had to shuffle his pack with midweek injuries to both Myles Lee and Kim Forsythe ruling them out.

Baldock were in charge in the early exchanges, looking dangerous down the left-hand side as Kieran Barnes had a shot fly past the post. At the other end London Colney were proving quick on the break and Chris Griffin fired over the bar from close range.

On 13 minutes the visitors were ahead as their impressive, tricky front man Gareth Price was pulled down by Harpur in the box, causing the referee to immediately point to the spot. Striker Loren Maxwell sent Harpur the wrong way to give the Blue Boys an early advantage.

There followed a period of pressure from the visiting side, making penetrating runs down the right-hand side, culminating initially in a fine save from Harpur and a period of play where the ball pinged around the home teams’ box like a pin-ball machine.

Baldock started to assert themselves and on 20 minutes, Lewis Barker was fouled just outside the penalty area, resulting in a curling Barnes free-kick going over the bar. But very soon the Reds were level from a controversial Sam James goal. A cross came in from the left and James appeared to chest it over the line, causing the Blue Boys defence to surround the referee claiming it was handled. Mr Panconi however was adamant and pointed to his chest dismissing the appeals.

Over the next few minutes Baldock continued in the ascendancy with a Charlie Joy kick being pushed over by the keeper and an effort being disallowed for offside. But once more, against the run of play, London Colney won a free-kick on the left which was played on to the head of giant defender Zach Holding, who guided it home.

Just before the half-time whistle Barker went close with a free-kick, but at the break it was 2-1 to the visitors.

Just after the resumption, Baldock broke threateningly down the right and Barnes played a sublime ball through to Harry Holland who shot over. But with 49 minutes on the clock, it was déjà vu for Baldock as another free-kick on the left was put in to the net by Holding giving London Colney a 3-1 lead.

Over the next period, the Reds went agonisingly close, firstly through a Barker header being cleared off the line and then a Holland left-footed shot screaming past the post. London Colney keeper Jack Metcalfe got down well to save a Barnes shot and another Barker header from a Barnes cross was desperately kicked away by the man in goal. Another Barnes shot flew past the post and by this time Baldock were going for it, prepared not to take any prisoners!

Eventually with 20 minutes remaining on the clock, the continued pressure told with a Barnes free-kick from 25 yards being deflected through the defensive wall and ending up in the net past a helpless Metcalfe. The action continued, as did the driving rain, and the assault on the Blue Boys goal certainly didn’t ease up as a cross from the right was met by a Barker header which rebounded off the bar, giving Holland the opportunity to bundle the ball over the line for the deserved equaliser.

Meanwhile on 82 minutes, from a rare London Colney foray into the Baldock half, a corner on the left resulted in the ball coming to Griffin who shot through a sea of legs restoring the away side’s lead.

Resuming the hunt for a point, Baldock continued their offensive and with a couple of minutes left on the clock another Barnes free-kick clattered off the post, but soon the time was up and the referee put an end to proceedings with a jubilant London Colney side celebrating a 4-3 victory.

Baldock Town: Harpur, Brooks, Furness (Ngwala), Gilbert, Kenna ©, Morris, Joy, Barker, Holland, Barnes, James (Robertson). Unused subs: Farmer (GK), Gregson.

Scorers: James, Barnes, Holland.

Baldock Town return to the New Lamb Meadow this coming Wednesday evening (14th November) for a third home match on the bounce, when Biggleswade United again are the visitors in a Premier Division Cup tie – kick-off 7.45

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Key moments

Scored Penalty Penalty scored by London Colney
Goal Sam James scores for Baldock Town
Goal Goal for London Colney
Goal Goal for London Colney
Goal Kieran Barnes scores for Baldock Town
Goal Harry Holland scores for Baldock Town
Goal Goal for London Colney


View 0 new events
82:00 Goal 3 - 4
Goal for London Colney
76:00 Goal 3 - 3
Harry Holland scores for Baldock Town
70:00 Goal 2 - 3
Kieran Barnes scores for Baldock Town
53:00 Goal 1 - 3
Goal for London Colney
End of period 1
34:00 Goal 1 - 2
Goal for London Colney
27:00 Goal 1 - 1
Sam James scores for Baldock Town
13:00 Scored Penalty 0 - 1
Penalty scored by London Colney
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Baldock Town
  • London Colney
  • 0
  • Scored Penalty 13:00'
  • Sam James Goal 27:00'
  • Goal 34:00'
  • Goal 53:00'
  • Kieran Barnes Goal 70:00'
  • Harry Holland Goal 76:00'
  • Goal 82:00'

Team selection

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Harpenden Town
Biggleswade United
Edgware Town
Leverstock Green
London Tigers
Biggleswade FC
Tring Athletic
Colney Heath

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Tring Athletic 33 76
2. Hadley 33 71
3. Biggleswade FC 30 67
4. Biggleswade United 32 65
5. Baldock Town 32 57
6. Arlesey Town 34 55
7. Potton United 34 53

Team sponsors


Club sponsors